With the introduction of the new version of the Chromium-based Edge browser from Microsoft, all functions have changed. Therefore, we have to relearn how we can reconfigure this browser according to our wishes.
Most likely,If not sure, it is most likely related to the default search engine. Logically, Edge is installed natively with the standard Bing search engine, a search engine that is not bad, but once we get used to Google, we can’t do without it.
Change the Microsoft Edge search engine
- First, we must click on the three points located in the upper right corner of the screen and access the Configuration option.
- Within the configuration options, located on the left side of the screen, click on Privacy and service.
- This section allows us to establish the settings that we want to avoid that the websites that integrate crawlers, can know at all times what web pages we visit, what we are looking for … in order to be able to show personalized ads.
- The option that allows us to change the default search engine is at the end of the whole, in the Address bar section.
- When clicking on the Diction bar, we find the Search engine option used in the address bar and where Bing is shown as default. To modify it and select any other, click on the date below and select the one you want to use.
If the search engine is not available in that list, we can add new ones through the Manage search engines function. The options available natively are Bing, Google, DuckDuckGo. To add new search engines, we must click on the Add button.