Google has created a feature to help us manage our listings called Tab groups. This feature allows us to organize our tabs into different groups so that we can easily locate the tabs needed for different projects. Separate the different tabs by encoding the tabs at the top of the Chrome browser. Therefore, if you can’t read the headers while running multiple cards, you will be able to identify each card by color.
This feature is not immediately available to all users. Therefore, this article will show you how to enable tab groups in Google Chrome.
Part 1: Enable “Tab groups”
Before you start, be sure to close and save all the tabs you have opened. This is because you will need to Relaunch the browser once you have enabled the function for it to be implemented.
- On your PC device, launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Find the search bar at the top of the window, where you will generally see the web address. Click on this search bar.
- Type in “chrome: / / flags”. There will be a warning page informing you that it is still an experimental feature.
- You will see a long list of features still tested. Tab groups can be found by manually scrolling through the entire list. Alternatively, you can type “# tab groups” in the search bar.
- Once you find the card group settings, look at the button to the right of the description. Click on it to display the drop-down menu.
- To be able to use Tab groups, select Enabled.
- Select the blue Relaunch button at the bottom of the screen after completing the previous step. The Chrome browser will be reloaded and the function will be implemented in the browser.
- You can verify that the function has been enabled by typing “chrome: // flags” in the search bar. You will see the groups of tabs at the top of the list and next to it the drop-down menu has been changed to enabled.
Part 2: Using the “Tab Groups” feature
Knowing how to enable Tab is the first step, now we need to know how to implement it and use it while browsing the web.
- To create a group of tabs, right-click on the tab at the top of the window.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Add to new group”. A color will be automatically assigned.
- To customize the tab group, click the colored circle next to the tab to change the color or name the tab group.
- If you want to open a new tab in the same group, you can click on the colored circle and select “New tab in the group”. Alternatively, you can first open a new tab and search for the topic of interest. Then right-click on the tab and select “Add to existing group” from the drop-down menu. Choose the name of the group you want to include the listing in.
- To create a new tab group, search within a new tab in Google Chrome. Then follow steps 1 to 3 to create and customize the new group of cards.
- If you want to remove a group of cards and return all cards to normal, click on the colored circle on the left of the card. Select Ungroup. This will remove the colored border from the group of cards. Alternatively, if you want to close all the tabs in a group, you can select the option: Close group.