Gmail is a well-liked extensively used email service worldwide. An excellent a part of its success is because of the truth that to configure an Android smartphone, a Gmail account is required if or if.
But not exclusively, since this mail service is, without doubt, one of the most complete that we can at the moment discover in the marketplace. From Google, removed from settling for the management place they’ve by way of Gmail, for a short while, it continues to incorporate new capabilities to enhance, much more, a service that
One of probably the most distinguished is the confidential mode, a perform designed to stop unauthorized folks from accessing delicate info. This perform is much from excellent, nevertheless, it steps one to construct a safe communication system that forestalls third events from getting access to info from third events,
When we use this mode when sending an email, the recipients of confidential messages can not ahead, print, copy, or obtain the content material. This mode does not prevent screenshots or pictures from being taken from it in addition to the connected files.
This mode does not prevent screenshots or photos from being taken from it as well as from the attached files. A function that limits the possibility of taking screenshots in both iOS and Android would be possible to implement, but it does not make any sense when you can access this email from any computer, where we can take a screenshot without problems or do a photograph of the screen of our team where the information is displayed.
This function is not available to be a solution to the security problems that we encounter daily on the internet but to be able to send private information, such as account numbers, without this email being able to reach third parties not related to the main recipient.
How to send messages and attachments through Gmail confidentially
The first thing to keep in mind when sending confidential messages, if you use an account from work or an educational institution, is that this function is activated and can be used without problems. The steps to follow to send a confidential email through Gmail are the following:
- We open the Gmail application for Android and click on the + symbol, located in the lower right corner of the screen so that a new window opens where we are going to write the email.
- Then, click in the upper right corner, on the three vertically located points, and select Confidential mode.
- Next, we fill in the email fields (recipient / s, subject, and body of the message).
- Finally, click on Edit, a button found in the text box available in the body of the message where the expiration date is shown.
- Next, we must establish the date on which the message will expire, after which it will no longer be possible to access it from the recipient / s account.
- In the Require password section, we have two options:
- Standard (No SMS password), recipients using the Gmail web application or service, will be able to open the mail directly. If another application or service is used, they will receive a separate email with the password to access.
- Password by SMS. By choosing this option, all users who receive the email, regardless of the email client or web service they use, will receive the password via SMS. In this step, we must enter the recipient’s mobile number.
- Finally, click on Save and then
How to remove access to confidential email before the expiration date
By sending a confidential email, we can set a deadline so that the message is readable and accessible to recipients. Once that date has elapsed, we can eliminate access to it. To interrupt access to an email before the launch date, we must perform the following steps:
- We open the Gmail application and access the Sent folder.
- Inside the Sent folder, we open the mail that we have sent.
- To eliminate access before the expiration date, we must click on the Remove access button, a button that will automatically change to Renew access, a function that will allow us to give access to the email content again.
How to open a confidential email with any email client
The confidential emails we send can be opened in any application and web service, therefore, they can be sent to any email address. When we receive an email of this type, in our inbox we will receive an email in which Google informs us that we have received a confidential.
To access this email, we must click on the View email button. When doing so, a separate window will open where we will be asked for the password (if previously established). Once we write the email account, the message text will automatically be displayed.
Within this new window, the options to copy, paste, download, print, and forward the text are disabled, so if we want to keep the content of the text, all we can do is take a screenshot.
Possible service incidents
You do not have access to this email
When creating confidential messages, we can set an access limit, a date that ranges from one week to 5 years. Once that date has elapsed, we can no longer access it. It is also likely that the sender has restricted access to it in advance or on purpose.
In these cases, the only solution available is to contact the sender to grant us access again or to resend the email with a new expiration date.
The provided number corresponds to an unsupported country
If we establish a password to access the email we send, a password that Google is responsible for sending by SMS to the recipient, we must take into account that this option is only available in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, India, Korea, and Japan. If the recipient of the email you are going to send is outside one of these countries (for example Africa), you will not be able to use this option to protect the email.